Acta Orthopaedica et Traumatologica Turcica

The prevalence of orthopaedic disabilities among primary and high school students at centrum Elazıg

AOTT 1998; 32: 315-321
Read: 215 Downloads: 199 Published: 19 April 2021
Abstract

The aim of this study was to determine the prevalance of orthopaedic disabilities among and junior high school students at centrum of Elazığ. Total 23652 students were examined. While 12756 (53.9 %) were boys, remaining 10896 (46.1%) were girls. Orthopaedic disabilities were grouped as disabilities in trunk, thorax and spine; upper extremity; lower ekstremity; postinfections and posttraumatic orthopaedic disabilities. In other words 1618 students had Orthopaedic disabilities. General prevalance for orthopaedic disabilities was determined as 68.39 %. 1132 of them were boys (69.9 %) and 485 of them were girls (30.1 %). Rate of marriages among the relatives in examined groups was 13.3 % and rate for marriages among the relatives in orthopaedic disabilities students was 26.8 %. The most frequently seen orthopaedic disabilities were in trunk, thorax and spine subgroup; pectus excavatus (1.23 %) and idiopatic scoliosis (0.59 %), in upper extremities subgroup; syndactyly (in hands) (0.68 %), cubitus valgus (0.68 %), in lower extremity subgroup; pes planus and planovalgus (44.86 %), toe-in deformity (3.17 %), in postinfections and posttraumatic subgroup; cubitus varus due to trauma (2.75 %) and sequela of fractures (in lower extremities) (0.68 %). In 85 (5.2 %) of these disabled students, there were combinations of two different deformities and in 10 (0.6 %) of them there were combinations of three different deformities. The most common combinations of two deformities were pes planus and planovalgus, and toeing-in (1.82 %o). As a result, it was obtained that some of the orthopaedic disabilities were correlated with the literature and it may be possible to map orthopaedic disabilities in our country using such studies.

Özet

Bölgesel ortopedik özür prevalansının belirlemek amacıyla Elazığ İl merkezindeki ilk ve orta öğretim okullarında okuyan 6-16 yaşlar arasındaki 12756’sı (% 53.9) erkek ve 10896 sı (% 46.1) kız toplam 23652 öğrenci muayene edildi. Ortopedik özürler; gövde, göğüs ve omurga özürleri, üst ekstremite özürleri, alt ekstremite özürleri, enfeksiyon ve travma sonrası ortaya çıkan ortopedik özürler olmak üzere dört gruba ayrılarak değerlendirildi. Toplam 1618 öğrencide ortopedik özür saptandı. Genel ortopedik özür prevalansı %o 68,39 olarak bulundu. Bunların 1132 si (% 69.9) erkek ve 485 ı (% 30.1) kız idi. Akraba evliliği oranı; muayene edilen grupla % 13.3 ve ortopedik özür saptanan öğrenci grubunda ise % 26.8 olarak saptandı. En sık karşılaşılan deformiteler: gövde, göğüs ve omurgada pektus ekskavatus (%o 1.23) ve idiopatik skolyoz (% 0.59), üst ekstremitede: sindaktili (% 0.68) ve kubitus valgus (% 0.68), alt ekstremitede pes planus + planovalgus (% 44.86) ve toeing-in deformitesi (% 3.17), enfeksiyon ve travma sonrası ortaya çıkan ise kubitus varus (%o 2.75) ve alt ekstremitede kırık sekeli (% 0.68) şeklindeydi. 1618 toplam ortopedik özür saptanan öğrencilerin 85 inde (% 5.2) iki değişik, 10 unda (% 0.6) ise üç değişik ortopedik özür mevcuttu. Birden fazla ortopedik özür saptanan öğrencilerde en sık karşılaşılan özür ise pes planus-planovalgus + toeing-in deformitesi (%o 1.82) idi. Sonuçta; bazı ortopedik özürlerin literatürle uyumlu, bazılarının ise uyumsuz olduğu saptandı. Çeşitli bölgelerde yapılacak bu tür çalışmalar ülkemizin ortopedik özür haritasının çıkarılmasmda yardıma olacaktır.

Files
ISSN 1017-995X EISSN 2589-1294