Acta Orthopaedica et Traumatologica Turcica

Comparison of two different fixation methods of transverse fractures of patella

AOTT 1990; 24: Supplement 316-318
Read: 161
Abstract
37 cases of transverse patellar fractures are evaluated all of which were operated in the department of arthopaedics and traumatology in the Medical Faculty of Ankara University, between the years of 1987 and 1989.\nIn this study we compared the results of two different surgical metods, wire serclage and modified AO anterior tension band, used for treatment of transverse patellar fractures and tried to under-stand which one of two gives more satisfactory results. While modified AO anterior tensin band was performed in 20 of 37 cases (54%), the remaining cases, 17 out of 37 (46%), were treated by the former. By averall evaluation it was observed that all fractures were united. Although all results were usually satisfactory, considening the subgequent early mobilization and ease of application of postoperative rehabilitation programme we think that AO anterior tension band is more satisfactory
Özet
Ankara Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi Ortopedi ve Travmatoloji Anabilim Dalı’nda 1987-1989 yılları arasında patella kırığı tanısıyla ameliyat edilen hastalardan transvers kırığı olan 37 vaka incelendi. Bizim bu makaledeki amacımız, transvers patella kırıklarında uygulanan farklı 2 yöntemin (telle serklaj ve modifiye AO anterior tension band) sonuçların karşılaştırarak hangi cerrahi metodla daha tatminkar sonuçlar elde edilebileceğini saptamaya çalışmaktır. 37 vakanın 20’sinde (%54) AO anterior gergi bandı. 17’sinde (%46) ise telle sarklaj uygulandı.\nPatella kırıklarının tedavi sonuçları genellikle tatminkar olmakla birlikte, AO anterior gergi bandı uygulanan vakalarda erken mobilizasyon ve ameliyat sonrası rehabilitasyon programının kolay uygulanabilmesi açısından bu metodun daha tatminkar olduğu kanısındayız.
ISSN1017-995X EISSN 2589-1294