Download PDF (TR)       
Vol 24, No 3 (1990) Pages :127-131

Diagnosis and followup of fat embolism by pulmonary perfusion scintigraphy in polytraumatised patients

Mustafa Caniklioglu, U. Kiran, N. Yilmaz, A. Parmaksizoglu, O. Yalaman

Abstract
In Ministry of Health, Taksim Hospital, We have diagnosed acute pulmonary fat embolism on ten cases of polytraumatised patients whose clinical pictures were in accord to fat embolism, by pulmonary perfusion scintigraphy. These patients were especially cases with long bone fractures. Of these ones two (20percent) died but the other (80 percent) recovered. We investigated the characteristics of these series and came to the following Conclusion. In our countr, pulmonary fat embolism has also been seen with a high incidence like the other countries, but laboratory possibilities hadn t been availabe in most of the centers, cases with mild clinical duration misdiagnosed as fracture disease whersas the severe ones as cerebral trauma and becau se of the fear of increase on bleeding; had been behaved lees aggressively. On diagnosing. The defect of perfusion had been multipl, concavity of its medial border adaptable with treatment had been seen resolution, were the most important criteriae which were suggested by us.\nAs a result, Wethink of, in Traumatology Clinics and in the centers which have possibility of Nuclear Medicine; pulmonary perfusion scintigraphy should have been used more extensively on the polytraumatised patients and on these patients a routine prophylaxis should be administered.
Özet
Sağlık Bakanlığı, Taksim Devlet Hastanesine başvuran politravmatize hastalardan klinik tablosu yağ embolisine uyumlu on hastada akciğer prefüzyon sintigrafisi ile akut akciğer yağ embolisi tanısı koyduk. Bu hastalar özellikle uzun kemik diafiz kırıklı hastalardı. Hastalardan ikisi (%20) öldü, sekiz hasta (%80) ise iyileşti. Bu serinin özelliklerini inceledik ve şu sonuçlara vardık. Ülkemizde de akçiğer yağ embolisi diğer ülkelerdeki gibi yüksek insidansta görülmektedir. Fakat kesin tanı koyduracak laboratuar imkanları çok merkezde olmadığından hafif klinik seyirli hastalar kırık hastalığı ağır klinik seyirli olanlar ise kafa travmaları ile karıştırılmaktadır ve tedavide kanamanın artacağı endişesi ile çekingen davranılmaktadır. Perfüzyon sintigrafisinde perfüzyon defektinin multipl, akciğer segmentala yapısı ile uygun iç kenarının konkav oluşu ve periferik yerleşmesinin ve tedavi ile rezolüsyon görülmesinin tanı koymada en önemli kritlerler olduğu kanaatine vardık. Sonuç olarak Travmatoloji Kliniklerinde, Nükleer Tıp imkanı olan merkezlerde akciğer perfüzyon sintigrafisinin politaravmatize hastalarda daha yaygın olarak kuIlanılması gerektiği ayrıca politravmatize hastalarda rutin bir profilaksi uygulanması gerektiğini düşünüyoruz.